What is Silverberries IVF Programme?
Silverberries IVF Program is a special program that offers a 3-cycle IVF treatment, ensuring greater chances of conception with the help of Progressive Fine Tuning methodology. Silverberries IVF Program uses the latest international techniques and global technologies in IVF and fertility treatments at par with the best in the world. This program of Silverberries had made it one of the best IVF clinics in Pune.
Why 3 cycles? Conception is not always achieved with a single cycle of treatment. A 3-cycle treatment programme facilitates a better chance of conception by rectifying causes that hindered conception in the previous cycle. A Progressive Fine Tuning methodology is adopted to make necessary adjustments in treatment and medication,thereby resulting in successful conception.
How does it help?
Silverberries IVF specialist in Pune, with its 3-cycle treatment program and Progressive Fine Tuning methodology has a very high success rate. It has helped achieve over 1000 successful conceptions till date. Currently 7 out of 13 IVF patients from our latest batch have conceived after their first cycle itself!
- 3 cycle treatment programme
- Any number of Frozen Embryo THAW Cycles apart from three stimulated cycles
- Treatment extends beyond +ve pregnancy test to ultrasound demonstration of Intrauterine Foetal Heart Activity
- Dedicated team of 2 IVF specialists, 2 embryologists, 1 radiologist, 1 gynaecologist
- Ultramodern international technologies, equipment, treatment infrastructure
- Yoga, nutrition & psychological counseling
- Patient support group for patient interaction
- Online registration & progress reports
IVF (In vitro fertilisation)
IVF is an assisted reproductive technique by which the egg is fertilised by sperm outside the body in a fluid medium in the laboratory. After 3 to 5 days of being in the incubator, the fertilised embryo is put back into the uterus (womb) so that it can grow into a baby.
ICSI (Intracytoplsmic Sperm Injection)
ICSI is a procedure by which a single sperm is injected directly into the egg. ICSI is used to enhance the fertilisation phase of in vitro fertilization (IVF). ICSI has now become the treatment of choice for couples with a severe male infertility factor.
Laser Assisted Hatching
A developing embryo must ‘hatch’ out of its outer membrane (zona pellucida) in order to get implanted into the uterine wall. Laser assisted hatching is an assisted hatching technique that improves the implantation of embryos into the uterine lining, by creating an opening through which the embryo can hatch out.
Surgical Extraction (TESA / PESA)
Sometimes fertilisation is prevented because of poor ejaculation or because the sperm lacks progressive motility required to break through the outer membrane of the egg. TESA and PESA are techniques used to treat such male infertility problems through surgical extraction of sperm.
Embryo Cryopreservation (Freezing Embryos)
Embryo freezing or embryo cryopreservation is a well-established form of assisted conception treatment. The first frozen embryo baby was born in 1984. Embryo cryopreservation allows multiple embryo transfers from a single egg collection and improves the chances of live birth.
Advantages of embryo cryopreservation:
- Approximately 50% of women may have spare embryos available for freezing
- Freezing all embryos for subsequent transfer may be advised for women who are at a high risk of developing severe Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- Embryo freezing is advantageous when embryo implantation may be compromised in cases such as the presence of endometrial polyps, poor endometrial development, break through bleeding near the time of embryo transfer or illness
- It can also be considered when difficulty is encountered at fresh embryo transfer e.g. cervical stenosis (inability to pass through the cervical canal because the cervix is narrowed or scarred, etc)
- Cryopreservation of embryos is very important for the egg donation programs because it is not always possible to synchronize the recipient’s cycle with that of the egg donor
- Frozen embryos are available for donation to infertile couples
Process of Cryopreservation
In the embryo cryopreservation process, embryos are mixed with a cryoprotectant fluid to protect embryos from damage during freezing process. Then, the mixture is put either in a plastic straw or a glass ampoule and stored in liquid nitrogen at a very low temperature of -196oC using a specialized programmable machine.
Before embryo transfer, the embryos are removed from the liquid nitrogen and thawed at room temperature. Then, it is removed from the cryoprotectant fluid and mixed in a special culture media. The mixture is then kept in the incubator, ready for transfer.
The frozen embryo transfer procedure is the same as fresh embryo transfer.
Enrollment and treatment steps for IVF:
- Registration (enrollment and signing of agreement)
- Down Regulation (Injections given to stop pituitary gland from secreting hormones – ranges from 7 to 21 days)
- Stimulation of ovaries (through daily injection of hormones externally, under doctor’s control – ranges from 12 to 13 days)
- Folicular monitoring through Sonography (alternate day)
- Ovum pickup (harvesting of eggs)
- Fertilising of eggs (IVF or ICSI)
- Embryo transfer (reposing of embryo in womb)
- Freezing of extra embryos, if any
- Medication for 15 days to support implantation
- Beta hCG pregnancy test
- If positive, medication support continues for 15 more days. If negative, resuming of counselling)
- Check for foetal heartbeat
- Completion form signed and end of treatment
Facilities and Equipments
- Integrated Laminar Floor
- Galaxy R CO2 Incubator
- Benchtop Incubator
- Embryo Freezer
- Narishige Micromanipulator
- Olympus Microscope
Register for counselling session
We understand that you are going through a difficult time trying to have a baby. Do not lose hope. There have been others like you who are now enjoying a happy parenthood after facing many challenges. Read their stories before you begin your own journey of hope.
Here’s wishing you a successful treatment and endless joys of parenthood!
From Despair to Hope and a Baby!’
“Having a baby is the most wonderful experience in the world. My husband and I always knew we wanted to have a child of our own. But little did we know that a painfully long journey lay ahead of us. After trying hard to have a child, we realized we needed help. We decided to undergo an IVF treatment with a doctor we knew. At first we were confident and full of hope. We thought our dream of having a baby would finally come true. However, we were in for a shock. The first cycle of our IVF treatment was unsuccessful. Depressed and let-down, we nevertheless decided to give it another go. Thus began another long IVF treatment. But destiny at that time was against us. The second cycle also turned out to be unsuccessful. The news left us shattered. We had undergone two cycles of IVF. And all we had got in return was heartbreak and frustration. To add to it, the cycles had totally drained us emotionally, physically and financially, leaving us with no hope of having a child of our own. But again, the desire to have a child urged us to leave no stone unturned. So we decided to take a last leap of faith – with a unique IVF programme called ‘Our Silverberries IVF Programme.’
Unique because unlike other programs, this one had 3 cycles. We enrolled for the program and finally, our long wait paid off. The treatment was successful and we got the most cherished gift of our life, our own baby and a blessed parenthood! ‘Silverberries IVF Program’ was an angel in disguise for us. Truly, it is best Fertility center in Pune..
- Mr. and Mrs. Kale
‘Not being able to conceive was about to ruin my marriage’
“I strongly believe in God but there are trying times when all hope is lost and even your firm faith in God is threatened. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for 23 long years but with no luck. I was depressed and lost, and didn’t know what to do. And worse was yet to come. Desperate to have an heir, my husband and his parents began thinking of his second marriage! My world as I knew it was about to come crashing down on me. I was distraught and I lost all hope. At this bleak point in my life, undergoing an IVF treatment was the last resort for me to save my marriage. I took the plunge and registered for the ‘ Silverberries IVF Programme It turned out to be my savior.
Through the 3 cycle program, I conceived successfully. My joy knew no bounds. The treatment and the doctors not only saved my marriage but also helped me restore my faith in God. Babies are undoubtedly a blessing from God but for me it has come through the fertility center in Pune‘’Our Silverberries IVF Program”.
- Sunita Shinde
We were told we could never have a baby of our own’
Like all couples, we longed for a child to light up our lives. But having a child would prove to be nothing short of an ordeal for us. After many unsuccessful attempts to conceive, we visited a specialist. There, we were told that my husband was infertile and we could not have a child of our own, except with donor insemination. We followed the advice and opted for the treatment. But a setback was in store. We underwent 10 to 11 cycles of donor insemination and failed to conceive in all. We were terribly distressed and didn’t know what to do. We had never thought that such a fate would befall us. We were trying hard to keep hope alive; when we heard of infertility clinic in Pune, ‘Silverberries and their IVF Program’ I decided to give it a shot. Our first consultation with the doctor of ‘Silverberries IVF Program’ revealed shocking news – we had been undergoing a wrong treatment all this time! We did not need donor insemination at all! We came to know that my husband, being diabetic, was suffering from a nerve problem, which caused sperm loss through urine. This was why the semen analysis reports used to show 0 sperm count! We were then counseled and advised on the right treatment option.
With renewed hope, we registered for the 3 cycle programme for ICSI. Although our 1st cycle failed, the 2nd cycle was successful. And today we are a happy family with our own sweet baby girl. ‘Silverberries IVF Programme’ was the second best thing that happened to us. The first of course, was our baby girl!
- Swati and Ajay Raut