ICSI Treatment Pune
ICSI is an assisted fertilisation technique mostly used to treat male infertility cases where the sperm is not capable of penetrating the outer coating (zona pellucida) of the egg. ICSI is a procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into the egg. ICSI procedure is used to enhance the fertilisation phase of in vitro fertilisation (IVF). ICSI treatment has now become one of the most suitable choices for couples with a severe male infertility factor. Silverberries are known for their ICSI fertility treatment in Pune.
Patients facing any one of the following problems can opt for this treatment:
- Previous failure of fertilisation or low incidence of fertilisation through conventional IVF.
- An abnormal semen analysis with one or more of the following features:
- A count of less than 20 million per ml
- Motility of less than 20% (asthenospermia)
- Poor forward progression
- A high number of abnormal forms > 75% (teratospermia)
- Presence of antibodies
- Small volume of semen specimen produced on the date of egg collection in combination with any of the above features and resulting in less than 0.2 x 10 of motile sperm (minimal number of sperm considered necessary for routine IVF)
The process of egg collection for ICSI is the same as IVF. Semen sample is produced on the day of the egg collection. This sample is especially prepared and is only used for micro-manipulation of the eggs using ICSI.
Process of ICSI
- The mature egg is held with a specialised holding pipette.
- A very delicate, sharp and hollow needle is used to immobilise and pick up a single sperm.
- This needle is then carefully inserted through the zona (shell of egg) and into the cytoplasm of the egg.
- The sperm is injected into the cytoplasm and the needle is carefully removed.
- The eggs are checked the next morning for evidence of normal fertilisation.
Risk for the Baby
All parents fear that there might be a risk of their child having a congenital abnormality at birth. The risk is around 2 to 2.5%. A number of research papers have suggested that the risk of having a congenital abnormality following fertilisation through ICSI procedure is the same as occurs in IVF as well as natural fertilisation. We here at Silverberries are known for ICSI Treatment in Pune and have experts for all your queries.